Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night


HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another hot summer day. I'm not complaining about the weather, it's very beautiful outside, however this morning I was dreading the winter months. I am never satisfied, I'm learning how to take things one day at a time, here I am fretting about winter, when we’re just in the second day of summer, Father forgive me. I am looking forward to the weekend; hopefully I'll make it down to see my father. I need to get some work done to my truck, please pray that it's nothing serious. I'm having an overall wonderful day, feeling a lot better than yesterday, I pray you have a wonderful day as well. I love you as God loves me!

Today's scriptures are about the Holy Spirit. I used to refer to the Holy Spirit as an "It", until I read Dr. Stanley's teaching on the Holy Spirit. I always realized that "He" is another part of God, a real being that lives in us, but I still referred to Him in that way. A lot of us tend to think of the Holy Spirit as a tool, instead of a part of the Holy Trinity, that’s equal to God the Father, and Jesus the Son. Some of us don't think of the Holy Spirit at all, or refer to Him as your conscience. Conscience is defined: The awareness of a moral or ethical aspect to one's conduct together with the urge to prefer right over wrong. Doesn't that sound familiar? That is partially who the Holy Spirit is, and part what He does. It's written in John 14:26: But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. The Holy Spirit is multifaceted, and He helps us through everyday life. Not only is He our conscience, but He also speaks to us from God, and speaks to God for us. Romans 8:26-27 says: Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. He comforts us when we're weak, and leads us when we're lost. He is a very important help in need, and it's because of the blood of Jesus that we're fortunate enough to have this very important Helper. I couldn't imagine my life without the Holy Spirit, because He saves me from a lot of heartache and pain. He's constantly speaking to me, almost like the warning lights in our car. We must be in tune with Him in order to read those signs, and take heed of them. There are times when I'm just stressed out, and feeling overwhelmed, and He's right there to help me. Have you ever felt too tired to pray? Have you ever felt like God isn't listening, or you lost your connection with Him? Some days I could feel the presence of God in everything I do, it's like He's walking next to me, with His arm around my shoulder, and that gives me warmth. Other times I feel cold like He's departed from me, you ever feel like that? I've read several Psalms and other books in the bible regarding that feeling, so I know I'm not the only one. When I feel that way, I get down on my knees, and cry out to my Holy Spirit and ask Him to talk to God for me. The Holy Spirit will talk to God through me, in unknown tongues, and I sometimes feel like I'm having this out of body experience, because I take on this entire new voice and language. I could tell that It's not just gibberish begin spoken, the Holy Spirit literally talks to God for me, and I always get up from my knees feeling light, fresh, and renewed. I feel like the things that were weighing so heavy on my heart had been personally delivered to God. He also writes these devotionals, some of it comes from me, but most of it comes from Him. There are times when I'm writing, and I'm thinking to myself "this makes no sense", but when I go back to proof read it makes perfect sense. Would you believe that as I'm teaching you, the Spirit is teaching me? I learn something new from each devotional I write, this is how I know it's the Spirit doing the work. I often recall things from the devotionals, as if I didn't write them, almost like when I proofread it's the first time I'm hearing it. When I study the Word at night, I'm often lead to scriptures that helps me in the next day's teachings, these are all works of the Holy Spirit. I am Saundra, a sinner, and a very imperfect person, but through Christ I am made righteous, and I have the Holy Spirit teaching, leading, and guiding me everyday, and so do you. Last night, and this morning, I was lead to read Proverbs 8, which teaches us the "Excellence of Wisdom", the Holy Spirit is wisdom. He's also referred to as a "Gentleman", the verse that confirms that for me is verse 17: I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me. God is a loving, kind, and graceful God, He's not into making us do anything we don't want to do, so the Helper is always there whenever we need Him, but He's not forced upon us. The Holy Spirit could help us heal the sick, uplift the grieved, teach the foolish, understand the word, love unconditionally, help the helpless, and He seals us with the complete Trinity, so we could follow God's will for our lives. Please be aware of Him for it's written in Ephesians 4:30: And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. If you've never accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you don't have the Holy Spirit, so if you sometimes feel hollow inside, like something is missing, go to God and ask that Jesus come into your heart as your Lord and Savior, and confess your sins, and then the Holy Spirit is a guaranteed part of this awesome experience we call life. He's waiting on you. My favorite verse today is: The God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. (Romans 15:13)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455006&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5200573&ct=7048045


I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment