Monday, June 8, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone and you're enjoying the beginning of another workweek (for most). I'm doing well, had a very busy weekend. I enjoyed catching up with friends we had a good time. It was a small group of about 10 of us, and I catered it. The food was awesome, and I made a record attempt to do everything in 5 hours, all by myself. That wasn't going to happen, and it left me with about 3 feet of dirty dishes to come home and clean, and about 50 Spring Rolls to finish rolling tonight. I came across this information about the Morning After H.I.V. treatment on Twitter today, has anyone heard about this? http://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/10/science/morning-after-treatment-for-hiv.html I think this is very important information to look into. I don't watch television, the only News I get is through random online articles, so I might be really late, but so many of our brothers and sisters are dying from this disease I wanted to share this information. Please be safe, the best way to avoid becoming infected is abstinence. Have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about our communication with God through prayer, supplication, and perseverance. These three words are very important in our relation with God. Prayer is our conversations with Him throughout the day. Supplication is when we humbly ask for the things we want and desire, in the Name of Jesus. Perseverance is when we expect, and patiently wait on an answer. Communication with God is very important to maintaining a relationship with Him, and growing in our Faith Walk. He knows our every want, need, and desire, without us even asking. However, part of this “free will” I keep talking about means He will rarely step in and change our situation unless we ask. Jesus lives inside of us, and we have inherited all of His power, by His name. Faith is the key to answered prayers; God won’t answer our prayers if we don't believe with our whole hearts that He will. Our righteousness is one of the stipulations to answered prayers, and another is Faith in the Name of Jesus Christ. Proverbs 15:27 says, The LORD is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous. All of us who are born again, by the Blood of Jesus, are automatically made Righteous, so we have the right to Ask, Seek, and Knock whenever we need to. When we're born again, we begin a transformation into perfection. God is molding us into the Righteous people He's created us to be. We're brought out of darkness into His marvelous light, and we can no longer blend with darkness. When we first become saved we're settled in our old ways, because we're still babes in our Faith Walk. The more we grow this becomes true for us: The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, But the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil (Proverbs 15:28). Our hearts won't let us be wicked and evil, it isn't possible, because we have the Holy Spirit indwelled in us, and we've taken on the Spirit of Jesus Christ. This is way God answers our every prayer, and makes sure that everything works together for our good. Jesus taught us about the power of Faith, and He also lead by example. We have stories of how Jesus went off on His own and prayed for hours. As well as stories of how His disciples performed many miracles by faith, and in His Name. God purposely use people to touch the lives of others. I am a living example, because He has grown me up tremendously, in a very short period of time. I know in my heart that anything I ask of Him will be provided. It's not always exactly what I want, or when I want it, however, it's always right on time. There are times when the enemy deters me, and try to make me think that I don't deserve God's love, peace, and blessings, but he is a liar, and doesn't deserve my attention. I've learned how to turn my attention from the world, and other people's ideas of "blessings", to understanding, accepting, and praising Him for my own. Take your title as a Christian seriously, and don't allow the world to define who or what you are. Being a Christian just means you're trying to be Righteous like Christ. It means that you recognize that the only way to the Father is through the Son Jesus Christ. You have the same authority as Jesus, by His Name. When you pray, pray with confidence, patience, and gratitude, in knowing that your prayers have already been answered. HALLELUJAH! God loves you, but do you love Him enough to believe in Him? I'm going to leave you with this: For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! (Matt. 7:8-11) Get to know this Wonderful, Gracious, Loving, Sweet, Tender, and Kind God, through a short prayer accepting Jesus as your Savior. He's waiting on you! My favorite verse today is: Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving. (Colossians 4:2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2454991&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197 http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5200573&ct=7047979

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment