Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another hump day. I'm doing well, got a bit of a late start this morning, and I slept right through my alarm. My body just wouldn't respond, it demanded rest. I need to slow down, and give myself some time to relax. My routine is a bit hectic, but it's nothing that I can’t handle, with the proper rest and nourishment. Please keep me in your prayers. I'd like to wish Ms. Nettie a happy birthday, and anyone else celebrating a birthday today, enjoy your day. Everyone else, have an awesome day as well!

Today's scriptures are about prayer. We know that God is Omniscient, and knows everything past, present, and future. After all, He did create us. He could read our thoughts, feelings, and emotions. He knew our entire life since the creation. Now that we know all this, why do we still need to pray? Some wonder why if God knows everything, we still need to go to Him and ask for what we need. Prayer is more for us then it is for Him. Prayer keeps us connected to Him, and aware of His presence. It also keeps us obedient, because we must humble ourselves when we come to Him. Although we're sinners, we're made righteous by the blood of Jesus, and He wants us to talk to Him, without being shy. He's like a Father, Brother, and a Friend. We cannot hide anything from Him, and He even knows our deepest darkest secrets. He hears our voice, as well as our thoughts. It's to our benefit to be open and honest when we pray. Be specific because He is very specific with us. He said make our requests known through supplication and thanksgiving. For example, if you want a new car, go to God humbled, saying something like "Father, I need a new car and I know it's only by your grace that I'll receive it..." Also go to Him with thanksgiving saying something like, "I know I haven't received it yet, but I'm thanking you for my new car, and all of my blessings, past, present and future". When we start thanking Him for what we ask for, we show a tremendous amount of Faith. We should pray in this manner for everything, whether a new car, healing from a sickness or disease, or for our friends and family. We need to show Him that we're totally dependant upon Him. Even Jesus, who had all the power of God, prayed. He prayed often and for everything, mostly giving thanks for His blessings, and praying for others. Jesus prayed for strength when He faced hard times. He prayed with His followers as well as by Himself. He always made known the importance of prayer. Jesus teaches how to pray in the sermon of the mount Matthew 6:5-14, most of us have this prayer in memory, and some even recite it at church every Sunday. You find more prayers by Jesus in John 17, where He pray for Himself, His disciples, and He ends that prayer praying for us, verse 20 says: “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me." He prayed and asked that we become one with Him and God. Did you know that whatever we ask, through Faith, would be given to us? What more have been given to Jesus, the Son of God? Although these things were already set to happen, He still prayed on it. Although, through the grace of God, we're working hard toward a better life, and it's bound to happen, we still need to pray about it. We are one with God, by the blood of Jesus, and the way that we're reminded of this, is through prayer. When we talk to Him, it strengthens our relationship and our Faith. It helps us grow and gain wisdom. It exercises our Holy Spirit, because we're praying through Him. We don't know what we should be praying for, so God gave us the Holy Spirit to help us communicate. He’s given us everything we need to stay connected with Him. He created us for His purpose, but also gave us the option to choose Him. Remember the ultimate commandment “Love the Lord with all of your heart”? You know I will never let you forget. Love is an action, we must show and tell Him how much we love and depend on Him through prayer. With Faith, everything that we ask for, through the Spirit will be given to us, no matter how great or small. Start off with the most important prayer, asking Jesus to come into your heart as Lord, and confessing that you're a sinner. Once you do that, you'll receive the power of the Holy Spirit, and He will help you along in your Faith walk, and prayer life. God loves us more than we could ever imagine, so much so that He eagerly waits to hear from us. Don't forget what Paul taught us, always "Pray without Ceasing"; we need that ever-present bond with God. My favorite verses today are: I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. (Psalms 116:1-2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455000&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5200573&ct=7048031

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment