Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Daily Devotinal Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another "hump day". I'm doing well, truly blessed and highly favored. I was blessed to have a very lenient Judge this morning, because not only was I late for court, but also didn't have any of my paperwork! Oh my goodness, I was mortified! I just knew she was going to make me pay the fine, and court cost, but she gave me an extension and said to fax the paperwork! Hallelujah! God is always working, even when we don't deserve it. I was so afraid that I almost didn't show up, I had my checkbook ready to pay and everything. That's the epitome of Grace, a lesson in repentance and to be more responsible. Thank you Jesus for having my back today, and I thank all of you for your prayers! This is just a small testimony, but it's still important for us to share with each other, you never know whom it could affect. Have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about our marriage with God. There's all this commotion in America today about marriage, and the meaning of the word. The government is trying to decide if same sex marriage should be legalized. What does marriage mean to you? A marriage is a union between two people, who vow their love and commitment to each other. In the bible when two people are married they become one in God's eyes. Saying that, marriage is a Spiritual connection that we make with someone, so through Jesus Christ, we become one with God. It's written in Jeremiah 3:14: “Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; “for I am married to you..." It's also written in Romans 7:4: …that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. We enter into a union with God once we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior. He lives in our hearts, to create that oneness with God. Now that I think about it, it's written throughout the bible that God is a jealous God, we're never to serve other gods, and we're to love Him with all of our hearts. When we sin against Him we should ask for forgiveness, and we're to accept His love. Does this sound familiar? Sounds like all of the things we expect from our spouse, God also expects from us. As well as, God is our strength, there's nothing we can do without Him. All good things are done by His grace. What happened to me today is a prime example. We do some crazy things sometimes, and still make it out on top. It's only by His grace that I'm sitting here today, because I was a wild teenager/young adult. I did some things that I'm not proud of, but I'm still here. I've received my lashes, but overall, God has been too good to me. That's what it means to be humble, know from where your blessings flow. To God be the glory, and make sure you show Him your appreciation. Praise Him every chance you get, and thank Him for everything He does in your life. It's sometimes the little things that we overlook. We give ourselves too much credit for our accomplishments. God gave us the strength to wake up this morning, and He didn't have to do that. The number one reason for dissagreements in a marriage is a lack of communication. We sometimes assume what the other person is feeling, instead of asking. We also assume that they know how we feel, without telling them. We think they should automatically know what to do to please us, and that causes friction or resentment. It's the same in our relationship with God. How are we to know how to please Him if we don't seek His knowledge? We must pray and ask for His guidance, and seek His wisdom by reading His word. I know most of you have so many questions about Christianity, and your relationship with God, but most of the times your questions go unanswered. For years I went to church and had now clue why I was there. I couldn't understand what the Preacher was talking about, and what it symbolized. I used to think I didn't have to come to church on time, because all I was missing was the Praise and Worship part. I thought as long as I hear the sermon I'm good. Then I was convicted when I heard Dr. Stanley say, "a lot of you think you don't have to attend praise & worship, well your wrong". I felt so bad, and I immediately asked for forgiveness, I didn't understand that to Praise & Worship was us giving something to God, and we receive from the sermon. I came to church solely to receive but wasn't giving Him anything. I'm sure most of you know how it feels to be in love alone, it's a horrible feeling. That's what I was doing to God, I was just taking, taking, taking, whatever He done was never enough for me, and I was always expecting more. I'm so glad He allows me to experience humility, and keeps me aware of my selfish traits. Do you understand that my favorite verse: …“With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible”? (Matt. 19:26) Take a moment and thank Him for your blessings. If you don't know Jesus, then you don't know God, you can't have one without the other. If you want to get to know Him, He's a prayer away! If you need a prayer partner don't forget, I'm always here. My favorite verse today is: As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine ye are the branches: he that abideth in me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:4-5)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2454930&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4949629&ct=6865961
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment