Monday, April 27, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone and you're enjoying the beginning of another workweek (for most). I'm doing well, had a wonderful weekend. I got some Spring-cleaning done, and got a chance to enjoy the weather a little on Saturday after work. Sunday it was too hot, I had to turn the air conditioner on in the house, it reminded me of an early August day. I stayed in the house making room for my new roommate. I'm very excited about the transition. It's always good to help someone, as well as be open to receive help myself. Thank you for all of your prayers, I thank God for all of my friends and family that are my prayer warriors, I love you guys! Have a wonderful day.

Today's scriptures are about preparing for the end of this short life. Religion is a hugely controversial subject, and it has been for thousands of years. We argue whether there is a God, and who Jesus was. We argue whether there is an eternal life, or reincarnation. We could go on and on about what people say about the "after life", but the fact still remains that we all will physically die one day. Are you prepared for your day? I'm not referring to having your last Will and Testament, or a life insurance policy, but if your Soul is prepared for judgment. There is a heaven and hell, and we will end up in one of these places upon our death. There is a God, and the only way to Him is through Jesus Christ our Savior. What has He saved us from you may ask? He's saved us from the penalties of sin, and most importantly, He's saved us from an eternity in hell. We don't look that far ahead, because death could be a scary thing. I think it’s scarier for some than others, because they’re not sure of their Salvation. If you've prayed and asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life, you believe that He died on the cross for our sins, and was resurrected on the third day, you will go do heaven when your flesh parish. If you don't believe in Jesus, or has never said that quick and simple prayer, then you will go to hell. It's plain and simple. I have a very "rosy" disposition; I'm optimistic, so I like to look at the bright side of things, that’s why I don't write about hell, it's not a very pleasant subject. However, I was put here to share the Gospel of Christ, and you need to know that there is in fact a hell, and the only way to keep out of it is Salvation through Him. I'm not asking you to join a cult, or for any material sacrifices, I'm just making sure you know how easy it is to have a wonderful Eternal life. Eternity is forever, but life is indeed short, Friday is the 1st of May, and it seems like April just started. Twenty-four hours is all we get in a day, and time waits for no man. Now that we know that, what happens after you're saved? It's now time to start storing up your treasures in heaven. We should be aware of our physical mortality daily, not saying that we should wake up everyday thinking, "today might be my last day on earth". That's a pretty grim outlook to have on life, and it may leave you high strung all day. What I mean is, do all you could to please the Lord, and try to live a righteous life daily. Laugh until it hurts, love unconditionally, sing like there's no one listening, dance like there's no one watching, and give unselfishly. God wants us to have a good life, and a life with Him is the best we could possibly have. Once we get to Heaven we're set for eternity, the hardest part is overcoming the obstacle course we call life. If I asked you "what's the true meaning of life", what would your answer be? You know that we live and then we die, but why? What is your purpose, and why are you here? Those are Soul-searching questions, and it's time to do just that. If Jesus returned an hour from now to get His children and take us home, what would He say to you? Would He say "well done good and Faithful servant", or "depart from me I do not know you"? What happens if He says, "depart from me"? I can answer that one for you; you will spend eternity in hell. That's the beauty of free will, you have a choice, you could choose life, or accept death. Don't forget my favorite quote, I use it all the time, "I'd rather live my life as if there is a God, and die and find out that there isn't, than to live my life as if there is a God and die to find out that there is". Salvation cost you nothing; it's a simple prayer away. My favorite verse today is: The world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2:17)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2454949&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4949629&ct=6866027

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment