Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another beautiful day! I'm doing well, running behind a lot, it's a mix between procrastination, and busy work. I apologize, I try to make sure I get this done first thing. Some days I get like this, just can't really focus. I started back on my energy vitamins, and when I first start, I be all over the place, my mind be racing, and I'm always hungry. After a week or so I get used to it. How's everyone doing, please feel free to share with me, and let me know if you have any prayer requests. Have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about staying firm in your Faith walk. Have you ever considered yourself a “Backslider” in your Faith? God is urging us to stand strong in our walk with Him. Jesus said Himself narrow is the gate to righteousness. It's so easy to succumb to fleshly desires, believe me I know. None of us are perfect, and temptation is very much alive and well. We must be humble ourselves enough to know that we're nothing without God. We must stay active in our Faith. I got the phrase Faith Walk, from the name of my Aunt Sabrina's ministry. I think the expression Faith walk is so very accurate when it comes to our relationships with God, because it requires constant action. It requires us to continue to walk forward in life. Faith is similar to a muscle, the more you work on it, the stronger it'll get. If we go through life just satisfied with being saved, and nothing else, then our Faith will get weaker and weaker, and that makes it harder for us to fight against the attacks of the enemy, then backsliding becomes inevitable. I understand that people grow in their Faith at different paces, but you'd be surprised how many people I come across that are Christians, but if you don't ask them, you'd never know. There are so many people that come to Church on Easter, Christmas, and New Years, and they get saved and join the church, because they're gotten so filled with the Spirit, then they leave church and go about their normal lives. Some will continue to come to church for months and they grow, then something happens in their lives and caused the to backslide. Sunday's were the only days they dedicated to God, so their Faith muscle was weak. It's written in James 4:7-8: Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Where forewarned in James 1:8: A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. We must focus our minds on God and keep it there. It's an everyday journey, because each day we wake up starts a clean slate. It doesn't matter what happened yesterday, or what happens tomorrow. We must be careful in all our ways, we must be aware of God's presence, and we must reverence Him in everything we do. The more we show Him love, the more He'll reveal Himself to us. The more we get to know Him, the more we'll have overwhelming love for Him. They more we trust Him to take care of us, the more blessings we'll receive. We are blessed and highly favored, the chosen ones, a peculiar people. God has predestined a life for us, this is why it’s important for us to stay in His will. I heard a comedian say, "nobody looks at their newborn baby and says, aaaaww look at my little crack head" (lol), she said we all have high hopes for our children. We look at them and say, "aaawww look at my little doctor, or astronaut, etc." We all expect great things from them, and we do what we could, by giving them love and support, great educations, and a great home environments, in hopes that they'll turn out to be great human beings. Some of our children don't follow the paths we've set for them, because of rebellion, bad influences, or because they lose focus. As parents we're hurt, and we feel a great sense of lost. That's how God feels when we backslide, because He knows what wonderful blessings He has in store for us, and how great our lives are meant to be. To help us get back on the paths He's laid out for us, He has to chastise us. When we rebel against Him, sometimes He has to let us go through the heartache, pain, and allow us to make mistakes in hopes that we'll learn from them. God loves us, and I say this just about everyday, He waits to be gracious to us. If you don't know Him I urge you to get to know Him today, and when you accept Jesus as your Savior, rely on Him all the days of your life. My favorite verse today is: But we are not of them who draw back into perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. (Hebrews 10:39)


ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2454943&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter2.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4949629


I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment