Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another hump day. You know how I feel about Wednesdays, so we're moving on. I'm doing well, just getting harder to stay focused when I’m so tired. This weekend is mother's day, and I'm trying come up with a really nice and unique present for my mom. I was listening to the radio, and they said we spend something like 1.8 billion dollars in the US, on flowers, on mother's day. That's crazy! I don't think I've ever given my mother flowers on mother's day, but I could understand the numbers, and that's not including the flower people that stand on the street corner and sell them (lol). I need to get out there and sell me some flowers! I think my cousin is having a barbecue; I'm looking forward to that. If you have a really cool gift idea, please let me know. Have a wonderful evening!

Today's scriptures are about the most important subject of our lives, salvation through Christ. I was just sitting here thinking how often these types of scriptures come up. Jesus should be the main subject when discussing salvation, because He's the key. In the Old Testament, sinners had it rough. There wasn't a Savior, they had to endure the wrath of God, and live their lives separated from Him, because of sin. There were only a select few that He chose to spread His message. Burnt offerings were the only way to be forgiven of sins. I couldn't imagine living in the Old Testament times, because I desperately need the blood of Jesus to cleanse my sins. I thank God for Him everyday. Some of us don't realize how fortunate we are to have Salvation through Jesus Christ. Because of God's grace, we're fortunate enough to be made righteous. We're able to commune with God Himself, without the burden of sin. We're able to go to Him anytime, day or night, and ask anything, and He'll answer us, without us having to take an animal to the synagogue, and talk to the High Priest, and have him pray for us. When Jesus died on the cross, He brought never-ending life to His followers. As we read yesterday, God will grant all good things we ask, when we walk upright. The only way to truly be righteous is through the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. We have a guaranteed place in Heaven; we're free from sin, worry, and anxiety, because there's nothing any human could do to us that will take away our salvation. That alone should give us peace. I've started reading the story Ruth and Naomi, and I learned a lot from this very short book of Ruth in the bible. Naomi's husband and two sons died, and Ruth was Naomi's daughter-in-law. Naomi told both her daughter-in-laws to go back home to their families, and she would return to her hometown. Ruth refused to leave Naomi, and went home with her. Pastor Richard, my old Pastor from Portland, preached a sermon series on the life of Ruth, which lasted at least 4 weeks. He explained the importance of Ruth's loyalty to Naomi, and how the Faith God instilled in her, to have in this woman, had lead her to ultimately gain great wealth and prestige. I know Ruth wasn't following Naomi because of what she may be able to do for her, but it was out of the love and great concern she had for her. This story could be used to teach so many different lessons, and in my opinion it could be a parable or analogy of today's subject as well. We're going to go through growing pains in our Faith walk, but we have to stay faithful to our love for Jesus, no matter what it may bring. We cannot love God and have fear. Our comfort is in the blood of Jesus. We should know deep down in our hearts that He would never leave us. We should be as Ruth was to Naomi, and never leave Him either. Ruth told Naomi in 1:16-17: "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." We should have this much fervor in our relationship with Jesus! Let Him know, no matter what is going on in you're life, you should stay near and trust Jesus. He loves us no matter what we do; do you love Him enough to stay by Him no matter what? If you don't know Him, get to know Him. He gave His life so you wouldn't have to. He died to give us peace, love, happiness, and most importantly, Eternal life. My favorite verse today is: The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable. (Isaiah 42:21)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2454958&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5131179&ct=6959623

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment