Thursday, May 14, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another beautiful Friday eve. I'm doing well, excited to get back to the kitchen tonight. I got to check one thing off of my list last night, I'm so grateful for that. My Grandfather was moved from the hospital back to the nursing home, which is very good news, thank you for your continued prayers. It's been yet another busy day, and busy is good. It's weird that we've started getting busier by the end of the week, when before it was the other way around. Enjoy your evening!

Today's scriptures are about our earthly journey. People could be cruel; even starting as children. I think about how kids are teased, and picked on, from kindergarten all the way through college. This is why we have tragedies like the Virginia Tech and Columbine shootings. We're born with sinful natures. Realistically, the world will chew you up, and spit you out, if you let it. That's why it’s so important to depend on God for our peace, joy, and happiness, because no human being could truly give us that. Some people have good hearts, and good intentions, but they're still prone to hurt us. People you'd never expect, like you're parents, spouse, or siblings, could be the ones that hurt us the most. Jesus warns us through the accounts of His life, that we’ll overcome this world through Him, but for us to be prepared for what it has to offer. I remember hearing the Pastor say at church, "we're in this world, but we're not of it". When I was lost, I could never figure out what he meant. I have a very big heart, and I open it very easily to anyone, and people will prey on that. I've been hurt to the core, because of my giving nature, but it's because of the God in me, that I'm quick to forgive, and always moving forward now. I’ve also hurt others as well; I’m by no means perfect. Who am I that I could just breeze through life, never having experienced any heartache or pain? Many hated Jesus; people tried to kill him more often than anyone else. He was spit at, mocked, beaten, and ultimately killed, just because of who He was. Who was He? He was the Savior, the perfect Lamb of God, which walked this earth strengthening mankind. He never committed a sin, and He gave to everyone He came in touch with. He didn't even have a home of His own, and He made it His life to travel, on foot, and spread the word of God. He gave us His life so that I could have one. Now I have God to go to, in His Name. I could simply ask God for what I need, and He's there to provide. Through Faith, I could work miracles, and I could honestly say, compared to Jesus' life, I haven't had it so bad. Once we realize that life happens, we'll be able to maintain our peace, or in other words, live above the world. Just turn on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX News, and you'll see 24 hours worth of bad news, terrorism, and dieses scares. The only thing that will help us overcome all that we face is our relationship with God. That's the only way Jesus got through what He had to endure. He stayed in God's presence, and He even prayed for His enemies. When they were beating Him, He said "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do". We're supposed to work toward thinking like Jesus. Evil influences are expected in the world. When we allow ourselves to be consumed by sin, we're open to all types of evil. I'll close today with Ephesians 5:1-7: Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them. Paul warned us, because he was blessed and highly favored, but he also suffered a great deal, however, he never let it steer him from his destiny. I'm urging you to spend some time daily in the Word; it'll allow you the wisdom to understand your power. If your life is in all types of turmoil right now, it's time to get to know Jesus. Through Him, God will give you the strength to overcome your obstacles, peace and wisdom, to help others do the same. My favorite verses today are: Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2454966&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5131179&ct=6959623

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment