Thursday, July 2, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the end of another workweek (for some). I'm doing well, looking forward to a lovely 4-day weekend; God is good. Tomorrow we'll celebrate my brother's birthday at the National Pastime Sports Bar and Grill at the Gaylord Hotel; it's going to be nice, I'm looking forward to it. He's 16 now, and wants to hang at the bar and grill, but it's a really nice place for sports lovers like him. I'm sure there will be lots of barbecues this weekend, my Aunt is having one on Saturday, I'll be making the stuffed burgers so make sure you come through and get one. We're celebrating the Independence of our Country this weekend. I thank God for America, “Land of the Free, Home of the Brave”. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! Have a wonderful weekend, and whatever you do, do it for the Lord.

Today's scriptures are about being one with God. Jesus is the answer to all of our questions regarding life. I've asked, and have been asked numerous times, why does life have to be so difficult? I've recently learned that life doesn't have to be difficult, if our focus is on the right things. I posted a quote by Dr. Stanley on Twitter a few minutes ago that kind of summarizes what I'm trying to say, “Only a servant completely focused upon God can be useful in His kingdom”. Sin is what keeps us separated from God, hence making life more difficult than it has to be. It's a known fact that if you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you will not inherit the kingdom of God. What does it mean to "inherit the Kingdom of God"? We're not only given Eternal life in Heaven, but we have all authority of Jesus here on earth. Who is Jesus? Jesus is a part of the Trinity of the God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, so essentially Jesus is God. We become one with God, and as written in a famous hymn, “we have wonder working power through the blood of the Lamb". If you don't know Jesus, then sin separates you from God. It is said that God can't even hear your prayers, the only prayer He hears is that initial prayer asking Jesus to come into your heart as your Savior. He knows everything, and a conscience has been given to each of us. Every one of us that are saved is saved by God's grace. He chose us as His child before the beginning of creation. At the beginning of our lives we were separated from Him, but He was still watching over us, so He could lead us to complete His will. He first calls us, by putting a yearning in our hearts. He puts us in certain situations where He could touch us in different ways. It comes through trials, other people, music, television programs, etc. Most times we ignore His calling on our lives the first couple times, and those urges start to get stronger and stronger. When we don't have Jesus we have no rights to the Kingdom, so we're left to fend for ourselves. However, with Jesus, a whole new world opens up to us. We're able to fellowship with Him, and walk and talk with Him one on one. He's hears our voice, and in turn speaks to us. We have the power to heal, and strengthen the people around us. We have forgiveness of sin, which keeps us pure and blessed. Ultimately Jesus prepares a permanent home for us in Heaven, and it’s written in John 14:2: In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. Jesus said a mansion; we are treated just like any other Saint in Heaven. Just like Moses, Paul, Peter, John, etc, no matter what we accomplish on earth big or small. Did you know that God loves you just as much as He loves Jesus? Did you know that He wants to be closer than a brother to us? Did you know that He provides for us like a Father? Then why do we still act as though He's a stranger? Why do we still live as though we're all alone? Why do we allow our circumstances to dictate our happiness? Why don't we praise Him as much as we should? You know what, I don't have all the answers, but I do know that I am a friend of God. I'm also a Child of God. I am a Sister to Jesus Christ. Praise God! Take these scriptures and meditate on them, and then allow your actions to reflect your knowledge. It's funny how we still do things in contrary to what we know. For example, we know that smoking cigarettes will eventually kill us, by several horrible and painful diseases, yet we still smoke them. We read scripture after scripture that teaches us God's love, and He proves it everyday. We even see testimonies in the lives of people all around us, yet we still doubt His love for us. If you didn't know already, just know today that you're acceptance of Jesus makes you one with God. Your oneness with God gives you freedom from sin, power through prayer, and strength unimaginable. You won't lose ever, when you have the Creator in your heart. You just need to seek ye first the kingdom, so you'll know how to use this power freely given. I'll leave you with some food for thought from Jesus, found in Matthew 7:21-23: “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ I urge you to say that prayer today, if you're reading this right now, then He has called you! My favorite verse today is: If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Revelations 3:20)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455015&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5283727&ct=7162285

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment