Monday, July 27, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY MONDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the beginning of another workweek (for most). I'm doing well, after nice weekend full of rest and relaxation, and good times with friends. The dinner was really nice, I had a ball, and the food was excellent, I'm looking forward to the next one. I'm going to have a dinner for family and friends over the Labor Day weekend, and the menu will be full of our favorites as well as something new and different. I haven't cooked anything, not even Sunday dinner, in a while, and it's time to get back in the kitchen and try out some of these new recipes I've been posting. This is going to be a good week I can feel it. Please continue to keep me in your prayers, and I will you also. Have a wonderful day!

Today's scriptures are about how Jesus came in the image of God. I always hear that Jesus was the only perfect person that ever walked this earth. According to the bible, He never sinned, and He lived with a purpose. He lived to save mankind from eternal death, by taking on our sin debt in full. What type of person could do such a thing? Neither I, nor anyone I know could do anything like that. Yet, Jesus was a different type of man. He was made in the likeness of the Almighty Father in Heaven, to give us something tangible to believe in. As well as, so God could know the plight of a human being. Jesus is the Son of God, and so are we. If you recall, God made Adam in His likeness as well, and all of us came from the seed of Adam. Jesus was different because He was God in human form. We as humans have a hard time trusting each other. When Adam and Eve ate from the "tree of knowledge of good and evil", it opened their eyes to see some really evil things, because all they had known before then was good. Just think about Adam and Eve's sons Cain and Abel. These are the first two people that were born of Adam & Eve, and Cain killed his brother Abel, because he was jealous of him. Ever since then things have been going down hill. God even had to destroy everyone on the earth, and start all over again. Hence the reason He had to come in the form of man, to better understand us, as well as give us something we could see, touch, feel, etc. Jesus played a major role in teaching us about the true Father God. He knew that He had to come to prove to us that He is real, as well as save us from sin. He promised He wouldn't destroy mankind again, so what He had to do was give us a way out. Remember that God is omniscient, He already had Jesus formed from the begining of time. He knew when He would come, and who would be with Him. All of us were chosen from the beginning of time to play our roles on earth, and when we were saved, we were filled with the Holy Spirit. Now, we're children of God. Jesus walked this earth as a man, a rather extraordinary man, but a man in the flesh. Then He died, and was resurrected and transformed into this perfect being. The same thing will happen to those of us that are chosen. However, Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and we belong to Him. Jesus said, after He arrived at the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and the Jews asked Him to tell them for good if he was the Christ. He answered in John 10:25-30: “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.” Jesus was put here to relay a message, and show us that God is the great I AM (Exodus 3:14), and He passed on that job to us. Through our salvation, we have the awesome privilege to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Yes, none of us has seen Him, but we have a pretty strong account that He lived. How many of you really saw Julius Caesar, Shakespeare, Harriet Tubman, or any other famous historian? You can only go by what you were told, and what you read in the history book. The Bible is one big history book, and as we know, our history works together to form our future. It's written that no man has ever seen God, but if you've seen Jesus you've seen God, because they're one in the same. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to physically meet Him, however we will when we pass from our current life, and move on to our Eternal life in Heaven, things will be revealed to us, greater than we could ever imagine. We too will be made perfect, and live in glory for all eternity. If you haven't accepted Jesus as your Savior, then you have one important prayer to say, before you receive your gift of eternity, please don't put it off any longer. God is real, and we learn that throughout the life of Jesus Christ, and so many other Saints who's walked this earth. If Jesus was made in the likeness of God, and He lives inside of us, what does that make us? Never forget that you are more special than you could ever imagine. My favorite verse today is: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455040&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5283727&ct=7162637

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment