Monday, July 27, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying the end of another workweek (for most). I'm doing well, looking forward to the weekend. It's been a long week. I've been invited to a few dinner parties this weekend; I think the only thing a Chef likes more than cooking, is eating! I love to sample new food prepared by others. Maybe I should be a food critic too (I wear so many hats), I could write about food all day long. As my best friend knows, I'm not easily impressed with food from well known or upscale restaurants, unless it's done right. However I'm not has critical of my friends and family that cooks for me, I just appreciate the effort more than anything else. I'm upset that I have to miss one of the dinner parties, but I'm open for any of you who would like to invite me over for dinner, if I have the time, I’ll be there. I pray you have a wonderful weekend, and whatever you do, do it for the Lord!

Today's scriptures are about patience through our suffering. A lot of us have certain misconceptions about being Christian. We somehow, subconsciously, believe that we could go through life, doing anything we want, and not face any type of repercussions. I'm going to be honest with you (as usual), I don't like hard times, and I don’t think anyone does. Through all of my trials, I spend a lot of time on my knees, begging God to deliver me out of them. Now that I've gotten a little older and wiser, I've learned to accept the consequences of my actions, and ask God for the strength to get me through them. Paul wrote about something similar in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, where God had taken him through a very rough trial, and he begged Him to remove it from His life, he referred to it as “a thorn in his flesh”. God said “My strength is made perfect in weakness” (vs. 8). Before, I never thought back to what may have caused these unfortunate times I’d gone through in my life. I never really owned up to it. Now, I've learned to do the equations, and I know that my grief comes directly from something I've done, or may do. The amount of time I have to go through this refinement solely depends on God. A thing that bothers me is when I’m going through a rough period, and people that aren't going through it always say, "Everything happens for a reason". At the time, I'm thinking, what in the world could be the reason for me going through such a horrible thing? I’m sure Paul thought the same about His thorn. Certainly every trial feels like it's the end of the world, as if we're never going to make it through, but God always brings us through stronger and wiser, and most importantly happier than ever before. Now that I've been honest about myself, please take a few moments and think about the role you've played in your trials, and then think about the outcome. Did it work together for your good? If your answer is no, then maybe you're still going through it. Perhaps the wisdom hasn't been revealed to you yet, but it will. God always knows what's best for us, and He will do anything to protect us from harm. It's written in Romans 8:28: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. God never lies, and everything He said is His word is a promise, and He promised that all things will work together for our good. All He asks of us is patience, trust, and obedience. I don't know how many times I've asked for something in prayer, and His answer was simply to "wait". Or, when He told me to do something that I didn’t want to do, and I went against Him, because of fear, selfishness, or greed. What happens when we do that? This reminds me of the story where Jacob wrestled with God. God had promised Jacob many blessings, yet Jacob was afraid of the ongoing struggle that he had to endure, so when he contemplated not following God’s will. God appeared to Him in the form of a man and wrestled with him all night, but Jacob wouldn’t let go, saying “I will not let you go until you bless me” (Gen 32). Finally God touched his hip, and it came out of socket, because he knew Jacob wouldn’t give up. This was a great victory for Jacob, because he could’ve succumbed to his fears and surrendered, but he held on and fought with patience, until God blessed Him. God works to make us better every day, and He promised us life, and life more abundantly, but He still expects us to fight for it. When you were a child and was punished for something you did wrong, do you remember your parent saying "this hurts me more than it hurts you"? What about if you are a parent, do you like punishing your child? You would want the opportunity to give them anything they want and desire, because you care about their happiness. However, if you allow them to do whatever they want, and get away with it, then you're doing them more harm than good. When we're being tested and tried, God doesn't expect us to like it, but He wants us to keep that inner joy throughout it. He wants us to understand responsibility for ourselves, as well as the fact that He's working it all out. We'll have to go through these times with Faith and assurance in knowing that God is a God of restoration and light. We must understand that He'll never give us more than we could bear, and overall this is a Victory through Jesus Christ! Hallelujah! If you're going through something right now, I want you to first ask yourself why you're going through this. Examine yourself to see what sin you may have committed that lead you to this point in your life. Next, own your part in it, and repent. Finally, ask God for the wisdom to learn from it, and keep moving. Be patient, and understand that trouble don't last always, and continue to Praise God throughout. Just as Jacob, never let go of God. Overall, we're always blessed. Even through the seemingly rough times, God always keeps some light in our lives. When we seek Him, we'll find justice, peace and clarity. Do you know Jesus Christ as your Savior? When you're going through things, by His blood, you never have to be alone. All you have to do ask and He'll be there for you, always and forever. My favorite verse today is: Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. (Hebrews 12:11)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455037&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/c.cnKBIPNuEoG/b.4943197/k.9362/Today_on_Radio.htm
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5283727&ct=7162625

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment