Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

I pray all is well with everyone, and you're enjoying another hump day. I'm doing well, it's been a really busy day, and the time has just flown by. I'm getting started really, which means I'll have another late night. I'm enjoying going to the gym, and it has me feeling much better, but it's very time consuming, so I'm trying to find a way to work it into my everyday life. God has given me the strength to do it regularly, and I'm thankful for that. I want to as regular as bathing everyday, because it is a necessity. It helps with my overall attitude, energy, stamina, and keeps my heart strong. I've been on a lot of fad diets in the past, and always lost a lot of weight fast, but the minute I stopped working out, or ate some pasta or McDonald's the weight came back, twice as much twice as fast. This time I'm committing to a lifestyle change, and it feels good. I wish I had a workout partner, I'm sure it'll make it fun. However, it's hard to find someone that's on my schedule, thank God my gym stays opens 24 hours a day most of the week. I ask that you pray for me, and my continued dedication to live a healthier lifestyle, and I'm praying for you as well. Have a wonderful day!

Today's scripture is about Christ baring our sin. It's amazing how one special man could bare the burden of the sin for all mankind. Every one of us has forgiveness of sin by the blood of Jesus Christ. That's a reason to rejoice, Hallelujah! We know that sin is what keeps us in bondage, and stops our growth. Sin is the reason behind all of our heartache and pain. Before Christ, sin was the reason that we couldn't inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. Sin is what disconnects us from God, and each and every one of us is guilty of it. There isn't a man in the world that is without sin, because of the weakness of our flesh. From the beginning of creation, blood had to be shed to atone for sin, and when a person had sin on their soul they couldn't go to God, He came to the people He choose, everyone else spoke through High Priest. Jesus was the only man that lived a sin free life. He was born to free mankind from sin, and to teach the ways of God. God is so gracious that He gave His son as a sacrifice for sin. Jesus was born by a virgin, and was never touched by sin. At the same time, He had to live the life as a human. He only used His spiritual powers to uplift the kingdom of God, by performing miracles, healing the sick, and feeding the hungry etc. He had a wonderful relationship with God, and He took the time to pray and ask for strength, and pray for the people around Him. He traveled all over the land to spread the Word of God, and was a wonderful, happy, loving person. So why did He have to die? I'm sure if you ever doubted the presence of God, that's one of your top questions. Why did Jesus, the only perfect person that ever lived, have to die for my sin? There are a lot of things we won't know until we reach Heaven. We serve the Most High God, and everything that He does will never make complete sense to us, because it's not supposed to. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 13:11-12: When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. We should just know that if Jesus hadn't died on the cross, and bore our sins, we would be facing a life full of hell, on earth as well as eternally. God wanted to have a close bond with us. He created us for His purpose, and He wants to hold us near, closer than a brother. God couldn't interact with us when we carried the burden of our own sin, because sin and righteousness cannot mix. Jesus’ death was necessary, and His resurrection made it monumental. We're capable of so much more than we give ourselves credit for. Jesus did what He had to do, with full trust in God to get Him through. We read the story of His death, and instantly think that we couldn't do it, but with God, all things are possible. God puts all of us on the road to greatness, but we often fall short, because we don't trust Him to do what He said He'd do. Jesus trusted Him with His life; He understood that the suffering that He endured was only temporary, but His, and our, rewards would continue forever. When a woman plans to have child she's not thinking about the pain of childbirth, she's thinking about a lifetime of love she has to give to that child, and that makes the temporary pain of childbirth that much easier to face. Because of Jesus' selfless and courageous act, we are saved from the penalties of sin. Because of Jesus' resurrection, we will one day be resurrected as well, and will enjoy Eternal bliss in Heaven. We're so blessed to have the privilege to receive the gift of Salvation. It's written in Romans 5:6-11: For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. When was the last time you stopped and thanked Jesus for bearing your sin? Do you know how precious your life is? Jesus put His life on the line for your salvation and reconciliation. There are no works great enough to get you to Heaven. There isn't any person, statue, or animal that could cover your sins. Jesus is the only way! Until this day, He sits at the right hand of God vouching for us, so that when we do sin, all we need to do is repent, and ask for forgiveness, and we're back in His gracious presences. He's always with us, but sin moves us from Him. Guess what? If you've accepted Jesus as Lord, you're saved. If you haven't you still carry the burden of you sin, so say the prayer right now, He's waiting patiently on you. Sin is taken care of, and salvation is a free gift. My favorite verse today is: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (1 Peter 2:27)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455035&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5283727&ct=7162593

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment