Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about offing praise to God, through Christ. To be honest, I don’t think I would’ve made it, if I lived in the times before Christ. I depend on Him for every step that I take, so without Him I would probably be an old wretched soul. He’s saved me from this evil world, and protects me from the weakness of my flesh, and because of that I will offer Him continual praise. I’ve come to a point in life where I know me. I know that we all have choices to make, which is the beauty of free will. I know my weaknesses, and I’m well aware of the choices I make. For the most part I know right from wrong, I will reap what I sow, so I’ve learned not to play the victim in life. Jesus offers freedom from the burden of life’s heartaches and pain, but it doesn’t come to us without trial. He knocks at our door, but it’s up to us to open it. Remember as we learned yesterday, it’s about mutual affection, so our praise is necessary to keep us rooted and grounded in the Lord.

We live in God, by Christ. When I readfor us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we liveit was an epiphany. Jesus was the Lamb of God, so He made it possible for us to live in God, and God in us. Before Christ, we couldn’t quite become one with God, because He is perfect and holy, and we were fleshly sinners. However, through Jesus, we have the opportunity to commune and fellowship with God. By the blood of the Lamb, the veil of wickedness that has acted as a shield, which separated us from God, has been lifted, and He only sees the righteousness in those who believe in Him. We’re able to fellowship with Him, without any more bloodshed.

Were you ever taught something, but it never really clicked [you get it, but you don’t get it]? Well when it finally click’s you have a “ah-ha” moment. That’s how I felt when I read this today. The Holy Spirit works that way, and I was reminded of that by a friend just a few days ago. He always reveals things to us at the perfect moments and times. It’s like reading the same verse of scripture over and over again, never really fully understanding it, but one day it’s meaning in your life is finally revealed. That’s how it feels when you start to realize who God and Jesus are, and who you are through and in them.

There’s a story in the gospel of John about when Jesus was approached by the Pharisee Nicodemus, who said to Him: “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” (John 3:2) Jesus’ reply was: “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”(John 3:3) Of course this confused Nicodemus, so he asked: “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” (3:4) Jesus answered: “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” (3:5-6). Through Christ our Spiritual life beginswe start as a child, and grow in Spirit and righteousness. Our relationship evolves from God simply being our “Creator”, to Him becoming our Father. He begins to teach usthrough Christ, His living Word, and His Holy Spiritthe ways to righteousness.

Paul reminds us: When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. (1 Cor. 13:11) Through Christ we all have the opportunity to grow spiritually, and when we spiritually mature to adults, our connection becomes deeper with God, through Christ. Throughout this process we continue recognize Jesus Christ simultaneously with God, because they’re equally responsible for our Salvation. You cannot praise one without the other. You cannot believe in Jesus without believing in God, the One who sent Him. As well as you cannot believe in God, without believing in Jesus, the One who makes a relationship with God possible. Remember what Jesus said, you will never meet either of them, unless you are born again. Faith in the Son is the only way gain Salvation, and freedom. That’s a reason to PRAISE! Please take a moment to take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verse today is: All men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. (John 5:23)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455573&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment