Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about the powerful Name of Jesus. When I was reading these scriptures, the song “That Name”, by Yolanda Adams, started playing in my head. This is one of my all time favorite gospel songs. It’s a powerful praise and worship song, and I would love to see it performed by an interpretive dancer. I don’t care where I am in the world, when that song plays on my mp3 player halfway through it I’m lifting my hands in praise. The first verse is: There is a name that is so precious, a name so wonderful to me. This name is worthy of all praises. Because of him, I am made free. That name is Jesus, oh how I love him. The one who gave, his life for me. Because of love, so unconditional, I will have life, eternally. Can you honestly say that when you think of the Name of Jesus, you feel like this? To be totally honest sometimes I forget just how powerful His Name really is. There are times when I get so caught up in life, that it isn’t until I slow down and spend some time with Him, do I realize Who I serve.

When I think about the past, and all of the things I’ve endured, I often wonder how things would’ve been, had I truly understood that I was a child of God, through the powerful and mighty Jesus Christ. Had I known that all I had to do was go to God in prayer, and ask for all things in the Name of Jesus, and I would’ve received themhow dramatically different things would be. Jesus is everything to the children of God, because He’s the highest of the High Priests, the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. He’s the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega, and He too is the great I AM. His Name is Jesus, Oh how I love Him! He has given us power to overcome all of the snares of the world, simply by His Namethe use of His Name, the praise of His Name, the respect of His Name, and the grace by His Name. The question still remains, “Do you know who you are in Christ?”

How do we instill this in the very core of our Soul, and in keep it in the forefront of our mind? We’re creatures of habit, so we can easily make understanding, using, and praising the Name of Jesus, a habit. I’ll start by looking at myself in the mirror and saying “I have power in the Name of Jesus”, as soon as I wake up in the morning. It’s said that it takes 21 days to form a new habit, so I have to commit to doing it each day for at least three weeks, and it’ll become a part of my being. You can try it as well, or make up your own creative ways to form this important habit. I think that there are too many of us who don’t reach our full potential in life, because we don’t understand the power in the Name of Jesus. We don’t fully understand that when we invited Him into our heart as Lord and Savior, He’s here to stay. He’s living on the inside of us, waiting for us to call on His Name. When we do, He makes intercession for us, to God, to make sure that our prayers are answered. Praise that Name! When we have that type of power on the tip our tongue, why do we struggle so much with the flesh?

The phrase “Name of Jesus” is written the most in the book of Acts. This book gives an account of the lives of Jesus’ Disciples and Apostles. These men worked diligently to spread the Gospel of Jesus, because they had to let the world know of this new found freedom. They baptized, healed, and cast out demons in the Name of Jesus. Did you know that you have the power to do that as well? All it takes is faith in the power of His Name. These servants risked their life to spread the Gospel, fighting to share the knowledge of salvation through Christthis is our job too. The Apostle Paul wrote: I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge—God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Cor. 1:4-9)

If you don’t know Jesus as Lord and Savior, you don’t have power in His Name. I urge you to call on Him right now, and ask Him to be Lord of your life. When you do this, you’ll be freer than you’ve ever imagined. Your life will take on a new meaning, and you’ll be anointed with the Holy Spirit of God. What are you waiting for? Take a few minutes to take the God Quiz, and act now! My favorite verses today are: They shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. (Matthew 1:23, 21)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455582&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment