Thursday, January 27, 2011

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Today’s scriptures are about the common sense of living for the One who gives us life. There are so many smart people in the world, but most don’t have much common sense. Then again, all of us have certain areas of our life where we are clueless, especially when it comes to our faith walk. Those of us, who are believers in Christ, have already taken the most important step towards freedom, peace, joy, and happiness, yet we still suffer, fall short, and sow bad seeds. You ever wonder why that is? There are times when I’m about to do something, that I’ll hear the Holy Spirit say, “Don’t do that”, but I do it anyway. When I’m crying because of my punishment, I’d say to myself, “I knew I shouldn’t have done that”, or “something told me not to take that”. What God warned me about was also just “common sense”, but I didn’t use very good judgment. We all go through those times, usually when we’re succumbing to the temptations of, or pleasing the flesh.

It’s “common sense” to believers that you reap what you sow, and if you’re putting negative out, you’ll receive negative back, and vice versa for the positive. It’s obvious that the words of Jesus, our Savior, are words to live by, but we often do the complete opposite of what He instructed us to do. It’s mostly because of ignorance, or a lack of a personal relationship with Him. However, it’s written: If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (James 1:5-8) There you have it! If you lack wisdom ask for it, and make up your mind as to what you want to do every day of your life. God said if you don’t love me than you love evilthere is no in-between.

One of my weaknesses is my indecisiveness. I have a pretty close relationship with God, and He speaks to me from time to time, but I still waver in my decisions. Anyone who knows me will confirm that. My friends at work already know to ask me what I want for lunch a few hours before we eat, because I take forever to decide. I’m like that with most things in my life. I’m a people pleaser, but as I mature in my faith I’m understanding that you can’t please God and manit’s one or the otheryet I still do it. It’s pretty much common sense that if you can’t make a decision about lunch, then you’ll be stumped with the big decisions in life. Thankfully, I’ve learned from different circumstances, who I am, and what I want. Do you know how many people are lost to themselves?

As followers of Christ we know that we’re supposed to strive to be like Him. He was slow to anger and quick to forgive, loving, caring, compassionate, smart, strong, giving, and much more. We know that the more that we grow in Christ, the better we’ll conductive ourselves. This is taught throughout the bible, and in every sermon we’ve ever heard preached. We understand the balance between reaping and sowing, yet we sow bad things in excess and expect to live a great life. We only pray when we’re in crisis, but expect to be able to easily hear God’s voice when we call out to Him. The truth is, obey God, repent, love Him and each other, and do what’s right, and you’ll have immense inner peace.

Paul ended his letter to the Corinthians: Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. (2 Cor. 13:11-12) Would you say that you’re of good comfort, complete, steady in mind, and/or live in peace? These are some of the things that Jesus died to give us. It’s ours for the taking, and all we have to do is reach out for it. No one can take anything from us, but we give it away.

Only we have power over our own destiny, and if we use that power to serve God life will be good. Not saying that you won’t experience trials, but you’ll survive them unscathed, yet changed for the better. You cannot live a fulfilled life without Christ! The sun and the moon cannot hang from the sky without Godthe creator of ALL thingsso why don’t you trust Him enough to surrender every aspect of your life to Him? Isn’t it all just “common sense”? If you don’t know Jesus as your personal Savior, or aren’t sure, take a moment to take the God Quiz right now. My favorite verses today are: Pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold; ... but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you. (1 Peter 1:17-20)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455589&dtype=Scripture

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/today-on-radio

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment