Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY TUESDAY!

I pray all is well, and you're enjoying this "Terrific Tuesday". I'm doing well, looking forward to the weekend already, as usual. I'm trying to group the recipes that will be included in the book, and am trying to with stay healthy and low-fat meals. That's never been my forte, because in my French Culinary school, I was taught that "fat is flavor". How do you substitute the flavor of fat, but still have flavorful food? I have some ideas, but most aromatic vegetables, and fresh herbs will do the job. Cooking with wine and stock, adds lots of flavor as well. My Grandmother asked me to make her some beef stew. She's on a low sodium diet, so I'll have to find a way to make it rich, without a lot of salty additives. Do you have any good recipes to share? This time of year, I start to crave comfort food, like potpies, stews, beans & rice, breads and biscuits, potatoes etc. My mother makes the best pinto and great northern beans. They're so good with rice and cornbread. Can you tell I'm a little hungry today, but I miss food, and I'm ready to get back into it. I don't like to bake, but my Aunt made a lemon Bundt cake on Sunday, that makes me want to bake one every weekend. It's a good thing I don't know how. I'm going to go get something to eat now, so be blessed family, enjoy the rest of the day.

Today's scriptures are about trusting in the Lord to take care of all things. Take a few moments to think about how vast the world really is. Now, take a moment and think about how vast the Earth is. When we think about the elements earth, wind, fire water, and human beings and all that we're made-up of, it seems a bit overwhelming doesn't it? Well God created All things, including heaven and earth, and everything in them. He's so powerful that He can be anywhere at anytime, and knows all things. Can you grasp that description? It's hard to imagine controlling everything at once, and never missing a beat. We can’t imagine having that type of power, because we’re only human. God knows our every want, need and desire. He can read our thoughts, and He knows what's in our heart. He loves each of us individually, with a love so strong and true, that it could never be broken. Not one cry from us goes unheard, nor any prayer unanswered. Without Him we're empty, and when we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, He fill's us with His Spirit. I honestly have to be reminded of that daily, because I am a very self-sufficient person and it's hard for me to trust anyone, or give up control. I somewhat believe that things won't get done properly unless I take it upon myself and do it. I sometimes forget that God is always in control, and I'm His child. Whatever I need He'll provide. I've read His promises to never leave nor forsake me. I know, “Ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me...“ However, at times I still lose focus and try to solve my problems using my own ability, instead of casting my cares upon Lord, and allowing Jesus to see me through. God is our rock and provider; there is nothing we can do without Him. Jesus is our Savior and intercessor, and He walks with us all the days of our life. The Holy Spirit our Helper and He lead and guide us, helping us discern between right and wrong. Knowing all of this, why do we still worry and fret when we serve the one true God? Why do we still doubt Him, when He created the entire universe? Jesus said in Matthew 26:41: "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy, so we must always keep our connection to God through prayer, meditation, and studying His word. I can never say this enough, because Jesus warned us that we'll be tried and tempted, but God will never allow us to take on more than we could endure. God gave us one very important book, the Holy Bible. You may try to read it in one year, but that's not where it stops. The bible is God's "living word", and every time we read it, He reveals something new. It's so important to stay in it everyday. He will never lead us astray, so trust Him; He knows what He's doing. If you don’t know Jesus as Lord and Savior, then you’re still lost. God is a God of forgiveness, healing, peace, love, joy, happiness, etc. However, if you don’t know Jesus, you don’t have access to these things. If you know Jesus, but aren’t close to Him, then you’re missing out on the full bliss that is God. In the words of Pastor Cooper, “If you don’t believe me, try Him out for yourself”. My favorite verse today is: Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. (Psalms 20:7)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455111&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5492525&ct=7532571

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment