Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Today's scriptures are about our one true God and salvation. The most misunderstood part of life is religion, and what it means to be “saved”. The biggest question is what to believe in. When there are so many different religions being practiced, such as Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Daoism, Mormonism, Hinduism, Judaism, etc. it's hard to know what to believe. The word Religion has five different meanings in the dictionary and the first meaning has two parts: a.) Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe. b.) A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship. Personally, I haven't taken time to study different religions in depth, but I am a Christian. I only take on the title “Christian” because I'm a follower of Christ. Sometimes we’re guarded when it comes to “religion" or the title "Christian", because we've had a bad experience dealing with certain churches or people who claim to be followers of Christ. I can only tell you what I know, and the one thing that I'm certain of is that there is only one true God! I know this because He walks with, and talks with me every single day. He shows up every time I call on Him. I can feel Him all around me, and there's nothing anyone could do or say that could make me doubt Him. You must be secure in your personal relationship with God as well, because that's all He wants from you. He's not asking you to be perfect, but He is asking for your Love. He wants you to be aware of His presence and to be humble. If you're experiencing doubt because of something or someone, now is the time to lay down those burdens. Let go of all of the judgment that you may face, and stand on His promises. If you're unsure of your salvation, please say the prayer that allows you to have Jesus in your heart. Paul wrote in Acts 17:23-31 that he found this inscribed on an altar, and I think it sums up what God needed to share with you today:

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.
Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”


A friend sent me this today and I was so touched, and I think it fits today's message http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkybh5XwUQk. My favorite verse today is: There is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455133&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943547

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment