Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Daily Devotional Day & Night

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

I pray all is well with you, and you're enjoying this breezy and cool "hump day". I'm doing great, despite the fact that I didn't get much sleep last night. Grandma came home from the hospital yesterday; praise God. She said she's feeling a little better, but still have a little cough. I'm looking forward to the weekend, especially since I'm off Friday. I'm looking forward to my meeting, and mapping out a positive course to get the book completed by the end of the year. That doesn't give me much time to work with, but God willing, I'll get it done. I changed a few things on my website, check it out and let me know what you think, www.divinecuisineepc.com. As usual, I'd like to thank you for your support and continued prayers. I thank God for each of you, because you have or will play some part in my life. If you joined the group (information at the end of each devotional), send you prayer requests, or if you have a thought that you would like to share, be sure to do that. I look forward to building relationships in Christ. Have a wonderful day, and be blessed family!

Today's scriptures are about the death of Christ for All. The basis of Christianity is the Passion of Christ. The Passion is a description of what Jesus did for us, when He gave up His life to atone for the sin of mankind. Jesus said in John 6:51: "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” Did you notice He said, “I shall give”? Jesus was God in the flesh, so no man could've taken His life, but He willingly gave it. Because of His love for us, He endured enormous heartache, pain, and strife. Can you imagine dying the way that Jesus died? If you saw the movie The Passion of Christ, you can picture some of the tortured He had to endure. People can be so cruel and evil, but Jesus wanted to show us that we, through Him, could rise above anything that the enemy could throw at us. People tried to destroy Him, for no apparent reason, but at the end of it all, He forgave them, and He prayed and asked God to forgive them as well. How awesome is that? Jesus was a sweet, humble, caring, and meek man, that was killed because of His love for us. Through His death, everyone who believes in Him gains Salvation, and He only thing He asks in return is our love. The beauty of this entire thing is that He overcame evil and sin, so we wouldn't have too. He took on that burden to free us, and give us a wonderful life, on earth and in Heaven. No matter what we do on this earth, if we've Confessed Jesus as our Savior, we'll always have a spot in Heaven. We can live our entire life never doing anything good for anyone, but as long as we believe in Jesus, we still have our spot in Heaven. That's a little extreme, but it's true. However, when Jesus comes into our hearts, He starts to transform our life, from the inside out. No matter how hard and evil you may be, once Jesus' love fills you, the transformation will happen. Some people transform over night, and for some it's a daily building process. We each have a personal relationship with Christ that works together to strengthen the Kingdom of God. He even died for the people that don't believe in Him, and curse His Name. He's open to all who will receive Him, so there is nothing we can do so terrible that would make Him stop loving us. When He dropped His head on that cross, and gave up the Ghost, once and for all, it was done. God did all of this for a reason, and we will never know the mysteries of God, until we reach Heaven. He shared some things with John, in Revelations 21:6-8: And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Do you understand what this means? If you've committed any of these sins, but "Overcome" them through Jesus Christ, you shall inherit all things! God said He would give us Life freely; all we have to do is ask. However, is you're cowardly and unbelieving that second death is inevitable for you. Don't take my word for it, but take the living word of God. Jesus is real and He lives, but most importantly, He's waiting on us to come to Him, so He could give us rest. Are you ready to receive peace, love, and joy that exceed all expectations? Well God is waiting to hear that prayer from you, whether it's to accept Him as Lord, or to confess and repent your sins and reconcile with Him. My favorite verse today is: It pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. (Isaiah 53:10)

ENJOY! http://www.bible.com/scripture-detail.php?juli=2455119&dtype=Scripture
http://www.intouch.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter2.asp?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=5492525
http://www.intouch.org/site/pp.aspx?c=cnKBIPNuEoG&b=4943197

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment